What is it?
This skin problem presents with distinct round or coin shaped areas of eczema, usually on the outsides of the arms and legs as well as the trunk. There are small blisters that burst and form a round crust, and the areas tend to be very itchy and are prone to getting infected.
For whatever reason, this problem seems to effect to particular groups mostly:
- Professional men between ages of 50 and 65
- Young women between the ages of 17 and 25 who have are atopic (allergic)
Flare ups are frequently associated with:
- Emotional stress
- Bacterial infection (aka microbial eczema)
- Dry skin due to central heating, detergents, etc
- Reaction to a contact chemical or at the location of an old physical injury
Proven therapies and successful strategies
Herbal medicine is very successful in treating this condition and is often combined with stress reduction treatments like acupuncture or breathing to improve results. Depending on which of the three types of Nummular eczema you are experiencing, diet and food may also be a very important subject: